4.22.2010

spring break



Spring break this year has never been more anticipated. Teaching this year has been a lot more work, fulfilling work, but a lot more nonetheless. My students took the iLEAP test last week and did a great job. I have no idea how they scored, but I know they did their best, and what more can I ask of them? This test is a big deal, and it starts in 3rd grade. As the months led up to this test, I was saddened that they even had to take this intense exam. I don't remember having to do this? Of course, I understand why, but it still sucks for them. They'll be feeling this pressure from here on out in school. First the iLEAP, then LEAP, then SAT, ACT, GRE...and it never stops. To become a teacher 3 years ago I had to take some tests and it worried me sick. If only we didn't need these tests. In a perfect world...

Speaking of a (near) perfect world, Ken and I took a couple days out of the city to the closest beach, Pensecola, FL. I told him that I love New Orleans, but I need some different scenery for a day. We rode in Sunday, and left Monday night. Ken brought his board, which needed some dusting, but as soon as it hit the water, it was as if he surfed everyday. I lounged on the beach, played in the water, and talked about life with my love between the waves he was catching. We played backgammon, cards, and music. It was like we had to beach to ourselves and we loved every minute of it. They we got back in the car, and we in New Orleans in a few hours. Sometimes it's just nice to get away, even when you live in the greatest city on the planet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad yall got some time away. Nothing like lounging on a beach with your best friend, with nothing else to think about except enjoying the moment.
-Tru

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...