6.08.2011

great grandma rhoads

Dear Avery- Your great grandma Rhoads went home this morning. She's celebrating with great grandpa Rhoads, great grandpa Elmore, and cousin Katie. She was 95 years old and lived an amazingly full life. She raised 4 wonderful children, including your grandpa, was a grandma to 12 grandchildren, and was a great grandma to 18 great grandchildren. You got to meet her in March of 2011 and she loved you so much. In her last days, she would get the chance to see pictures of you and they always made her smile, and laugh a bit because you're so funny. We have some of her art in our house and one day I'll get to tell you everything about her. She was a wonderful woman. A woman of deep character, integrity, compassion, and wisdom. She has been a role model to me and a matriarch to our family. Your dad got to meet her, and he loves her too. She saw me graduate, get married, and then got to see me as a mother to you. She always called me Melsie. I'm so glad you got to meet her, and I pray that you will always know her in your heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...