6.29.2011

avery art

I made this for Avery after picking up a scrap piece of plywood I found in the neighbors trash. It's about 25 inches x 25 inches. I use to paint with stencils often in college, so I bought these at home depot and went for it. I used modge podge to cover the wood to make it easier to paint on. I tore up an old telephone book and glued these strips all over the plywood. I had been doodling this idea for a while and I thought I'd give it a go. If it didn't work out, I only lost a piece of wood that was being thrown away anyways. I'm pleased with how it turned out. If more kids come along, it'll be fun to make something similar for them. Or it could be something I make for friends when their babies are born. Then I was thinking how it would have made a pretty cool birth announcement. We'll see!

standing, sunday second line, smiles all around

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...