12.09.2010

you are my sunshine

Avery is 10 weeks old today. The older she gets, the sooner I have to return to work. I have enjoyed being home with her so much. She's just so much fun to be around. Even when she doesn't want to nap and she gets fussy, she's still smiley. I'm trying to get her to nap better and it's been a challenge, but not the end of the world by any means. She loves to be swaddled. LOVES it. It's like a switch in her mind that when she's swaddled, she should calm down and eventually fall asleep. I love to wrap her up real good, and sometimes she likes to see how quickly she can break free. Lately, I have been trying to wean her off of the swaddle. I'll let you know how that goes. Poor girl's reflexes are so sensitive that if she's falling asleep and her arms are free, she hits herself in the face. Oh Avery, you are so funny.

I came across this picture the other day, and now it's my backdrop. This is minutes after Avery was born. I think it might be my favorite picture of her. It's the first time she looked at dad for a picture. Her fingers are all spread out and she has the greatest expression on her face. She is a long baby! This is right before she was wrapped up and brought to my face so I could meet her. I just love it, and every ounce of her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...