9.16.2011

why i loved today

This post title did not come from Morning Melanie. Morning Melanie, as of late, is not a happy camper. She hits the snooze one two three too many times before she is left feeling stressed because she has 15 minutes to get ready for work. Morning Melanie has been known to take three two excedrin tension migraine pills as a "preventative" method for she believes a migraine is in her future. Morning Melanie walks out of the house WITHOUT HER COFFEE. Morning Ken wonders, where is Melanie?

Morning Melanie is at school for about the first 30-45 minutes as she greets her students with the faint resemblance of a smile. Morning Melanie crosses her fingers that specific students might be absent. Morning Melanie is best friends with Debby Downer. Morning Melanie sent her mid morning text to Ken saying, "I can't wait for this day to be over." Ken can't wait till Melanie comes home... And then around 8:30ish, Morning Melanie leaves and a teacher shows up. A teacher who dorks out about analogies in her vocabulary lesson. A teacher who was thrilled to teach about run-on sentences.

A teacher who likes her job.

When I came home, Ken saw my face and said, "I take it you had a good day? You're smiling?" I did, because I realized that quote that I have up in my class applied to me. "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." I have been letting this 10% take over my life. My circumstances have been making me this bitter person (in my work life, not home life as much.) My 90% has been a negative person with this new feeling of anxiety. I have never felt anxious before. I have always been a go with the flow type of person, so this feeling comes as a surprise for me.

So when I came home, with a smile, I decided to make the most out of our afternoon. Avery and I went shopping, and it was fuuuuun. I mean, we had to see what the fuss was over this Missoni stuff at our favorite, Target! I felt like my mom yesterday, because I took Avery to The Educator, this great school supply store.
When I was younger, I would go with my mom to CM School Supply in Fullerton and from what I remember, I loved it. A special shout out to The Educator because they have a huge selection of Melissa & Doug stuff. Woohoo! Now, when I use to go to the store with my mom, I would get a pack of stickers, or something fun for being a good sport. Avery acted great, except for when she literally pulled out some of my hair to get my headband which she loves to play with. I got her these AMAZING things. They will be wrapped for the b-day coming up.


We made it out of there with time to spare, before Avery's normal nap time, so we hit up Target. Can I just say, I am in love with Target. Always have been, always will. We went because of this Missoni character who apparently makes the most adorable sweaters for little girls, so you know me and cardigans...I need to start Avery early with this obsession. We walk in, and I see the $1.00 dictionaries that Ken's mom bought for my class last week for 50% off. What?? Then I saw they had matching thesaurus'. Oh, to be a teacher without impulse control. So, I bought 32 of them. But then, when I go to buy them, they ring up for 30 CENTS!!! The cashier thought I was about to fall out, I got so excited. Are you kidding me? Only 30 cents??? Such a happy day. For $1.30 each student has their own dictionary and thesaurus. Score.


Then we went upstairs to what was left of the Missoni stuff. Lucky for me, they had some stuff left. I felt like I needed to grab everything and then sell it on ebay. I have heard that some places cleaned our within an hour opening. I cannot wait until she can wear these shoes, and can I get one of these sweaters in my size??


So clearly, I loved today! The first time Avery and I got our "shop" on and it was awesome. This spells trouble for the mister if we continue to enjoy this as much as we do!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...