7.17.2013

we waste no time here...

Friends, we're pregnant again!
Yep, #3 is on her way. 
Yep, a 3rd girl

You can now refer to Ken as Lord Grantham. 

She'll be here in November, and we are thrilled about it. It did come as a shock, seeing how Eliza just turned one, but it's one of those things that you can't help but arrive at a place of awe that you get to have another child. I'm always amazed at the entire birthing process, and that I get to play a part in it all is a honor. That being said, it's hot and I'm pregnant carrying a one year old and chasing after an almost 3 year old.
Lord, give me strength.

I definitely thought she would be a boy, because of no real reason other than I want to know what a boy would look like from us, but another chubby, toe head, blue-eyed heart stealer? Yes please!

When the ultrasound technician told me she was a girl, the first this I said was, "That's 3 weddings!" Ken apparently knew the whole time, partly because I was just as sick as I was with Avery and Eliza, and you know what they say, the sicker you get, the more likely it is that you're having a girl. Who knows.

When we found out about BK3, it didn't really sink in until she was about 16 weeks because I was working a lot and busy with the girls, and even when we told family, it didn't seem real. But these panel pants I'm wearing now sure to solidify things! The weeks between 20-23 always transition me from "oh, is she pregnant? I won't ask..." to, "dang girl, another one?" No one has rubbed the belly yet. Please don't be the first.

In all of the crazy, "I'm going to have 3 kids, 3 and under, before I'm 30" madness, Ken has been incredible. He tells me every night how excited he is. I mean, talk about man of the house, am I right? As always, I'm so glad to be on this wild ride with him.

In the meantime, I've been drooling over this stroller, that has a deck where Avery can stand and Eliza and BK3 can sit, and we would be rolling all over this town. Ken though would be working a night shift somewhere to afford it. Oh darn you, you hip new york city moms with your blogs that I read daily! Maybe the company, Bugaboo, will just give me one?

But far more that coveting strollers that cost more than our car, literally, I think about this. My ladies, best of friends, discovering life together. Avery already is teaching Eliza about life in her own way, and the sister dynamic is something I know nothing of growing up with brothers, so I'm learning as I go and it has been sweet. 


There you have it. I'm a mom of girls. Who would have thought?
I'm incredibly blessed. 

1 comment:

Emily Young said...

Mel! So excited for you sister! I can't even believe it, 3 girls! I'm like you, only brothers in the house (5 now including Dave's!) & wouldn't know the first thing about sister dynamics, but how FUN to get to see it blossom! Will be thinking about you guys & praying for baby girl #3, you're amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...